Doctoral theses at KIT
Doctoral thesis publication options
- According to the doctoral regulations of the KIT departments, publishing a doctoral thesis is part of the doctorate.
- The KIT departments allow an exclusively electronic publication either in the KITopen repository or at KIT Scientific Publishing.
- Other publication options vary depending on the respective doctoral regulations.
- Electronic publishing does away with the need of submitting printed copies to the KIT library. In accordance with the doctoral regulations, nothing changes as regards the form and number of the copies submitted to the relevant department, institute, and advisor.
- Research data created as part of a dissertation project can be published and archived for free in KITopen. In this, KIT Library cooperates with the regional IT service bwDataDiss.
Electronic publishing in the KITopen repository
- If you choose to assign a Creative Commons license to your work, please include the license information on the reverse side of the front page of your document before publishing in KITopen.
- Detailed information in the KITopen repository and its services.
Electronic publishing at KIT Scientific Publishing
- Includes electronic publishing in the KITopen repository.
- Additional printed copies for authors.
- Worldwide sale via international bookstores (print on demand).
- Detailed information on KSP.
Other publication options
- For details on publication options besides electronic publishing, please refer to the respective doctoral regulations.
- Printed copies, which the doctoral regulations may request for the KIT Library, should be submitted to:
Location: KIT-Bibliothek Süd, old building 4th floor, room 426
Service hours: Mon–Thu, 10 am - 12 noon
Publishing and archiving research data from dissertation projects
- Research data from dissertation projects of all disciplines and data types can be published for free in KITopen. Detailed information
- Research data can be uploaded with the dissertation or later on, directly in KITopen. If your library card is not valid anymore, authentication is also possible directly through bwDataDiss.
Location: KIT-Bibliothek Süd, old building 6th floor, room 628.2