HsKA publication fund
The "Open Access publishing funds" are granted by the Baden-Württemberg State Ministry for Science, Research, and the Arts (MWK) in 2017 for the first time in order to fund open access publications of universities in Baden-Württemberg until the end of 2018. The funds are administrated by the office of the Baden-Württemberg consortium at the University Library of Freiburg.
The following funding requirements have to be met:
- The "submitting author" or "corresponding author" is a member of the own university (may it be professor, contract lecturer, assistant, or student).
- The publication is issued in a pure OA journal that is peer-reviewed.
- The article fee amounts to a maximum of EUR 2,000 (incl. VAT). Of these, 50% are financed from the MWK fund, and 50% by the university.
- Parallel funding from third-party funds, e.g. within a project, is excluded.
- The publication has to contain an acknowledgement of funding: "The article processing charge (APC) was funded by the Baden-Württemberg State Ministry for Science, Research, and the Arts and the [name of your institution] in the funding programme "Open Access Publishing".
- The invoice is to be addressed to the office of the consortium.
As required by the MWK, all universities, whose authors wish to use funds from the publication fund, have to adopt an Open Access policy. This policy has to be published after a transition period of six months by late April 2018.
The office of the Baden-Württemberg consortium makes available a PDF form for the author to enter the information on the article. Send the completed form to the Fachbibliothek HsKA (EMail: fbh∂bibliothek.kit.edu).
If the funding requirements are met, the author will receive the funding approval. At the same time, it has to be ensured that the university bears the remaining amount. The invoice is paid completely by the office. The university’s share is charged to the respective university in an annual invoice.