HsKA publication fund
As part of the MWK (Baden-Württemberg State Ministry for Science, Research, and the Arts) funding programme "BW-BigDIWA - Wissenschaftliche Bibliotheken gestalten den digitalen Wandel" (BW-BigDIWA – Scientific Libraries Shaping the Digital Revolution), funds are made available for Open Access publications by universities in Baden-Württemberg. The funding line is limited until the end of 2021. The funds are administered by the office of the Baden-Württemberg Consortium at the Freiburg University Library.
The following funding requirements have to be met:
- The "submitting author" or "corresponding author" is a member of the HsKA.
- The publication is issued in a pure OA journal that is peer-reviewed. These journals are listed in the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ).
- The article fee amounts to a maximum of EUR 2,000 (incl. VAT). Of these, 50% are financed from the MWK fund, and 50% by the university.
- Parallel funding from third-party funds, e.g. within a project, is excluded.
- The invoice is to be addressed to the office of the consortium:
As required by the MWK, all universities, whose authors wish to use funds from the publication fund, have to adopt an Open Access policy.
The office of the Baden-Württemberg consortium makes available a PDF form for the author to enter the information on the article. Send the completed form to the Fachbibliothek HsKA (EMail: fbh∂bibliothek.kit.edu).
If the funding requirements are met, the author will receive the funding approval. At the same time, it has to be ensured that the university bears the remaining amount. The invoice is paid completely by the office. The university’s share is charged to the respective university in an annual invoice.