Corona crisis - Information on library services
Due to the corona crisis, the library services of the KIT Library, the Fachbibliothek HsKA (FBH), and the Fachbibliothek DHBW Karlsruhe (FBD) are still limited. You will find detailed information on this page.
+++ PLEASE NOTE +++
Since January 12, 2021 limited lending service at the KIT Library, the Fachbibliothek HsKA (FBH) and the Fachbibliothek DHBW Karlsruhe (FBD). Study spaces will no longer be accessible.
Access to the libraries
- KIT-Bibliothek Süd, KIT-Bibliothek Nord, Fachbibliothek HsKA (FBH) and Fachbibliothek DHBW Karlsruhe (FBD) are open Monday till Friday (work days) from 9 am to 3 pm.
- The opening hours of the other KIT library locations can be found here.
- Access is only granted to users with a valid library card for returning books or for picking up pre-ordered books.
- You are only allowed to enter the library as a single person. Instructions given by library staff must be followed at all times.
- Access is not allowed for persons who have stayed abroad in the last 14 days, as well as for persons who have been in contact with individuals infected by corona virus and for anyone who shows symptoms of an upper respiratory infection or fever.
- Wearing a face mask is mandatory.
- The number of users who can enter the building at the same time is limited.
- Access will be regulated by security staff at the main entrance. Please follow the instructions given by security staff. If you can’t access right away, please wait outside and keep a security distance to other persons.
- Please self-collect the media you have ordered from the pick-up shelf, issue them quickly at the self-issue desk and leave the building as quickly as possible.
- All digital services of KIT Library are available as usual.
- You can find detailed information here.
Borrowing items from KIT-Bibliothek Süd, KIT-Bibliothek Nord, Fachbibliothek HsKA and Fachbibliothek DHBW Karlsruhe
- You can order all lendable books and items from home via our online catalog and self-collect them from the pick-up shelf.
Only books and media ordered and reserved in advance can be borrowed.
- Books and items that are ready to collect can be found on the pick-up shelf of the respective library, otherwise they are handed out at the information desk.
- Interlibrary loan requests can be collected at the information desk.
- Borrowed books can be returned during service hours at the return stations at KIT Library and Fachbibliothek HsKA and via the book return box at Fachbibliothek DHBW Karlsruhe.
Courses and consultation
- All courses and individual consultations of KIT Library will be offered online until further notice.
- You can find detailed information here.
Consultation on using library services
- For questions and general instructions on using the library services you can reach us via infodesk∂bibliothek.kit.edu.
- KIT students can send us their fully completed and signed forms for exmatriculation via email: infodesk∂bibliothek.kit.edu.
KIT Scientific Publishing
- KIT Scientific Publishing is currently closed to the public. However, the publishing team can be reached on weekdays by phone at +49 721 608-43104 or by e-mail at info∂ksp.kit.edu..
- The Media Center is currently closed to the public. It is not possible to borrow equipment. However, the media center team can be reached by phone on weekdays at +49 721 608-45448/-45297 or by e-mail at medienzentrum∂bibliothek.kit.edu.
- Staying in the library to read and study is not allowed.
- Reading rooms and group study rooms remain closed.
- You cannot reserve rooms for study groups.
- The cafeteria, vending machines and toilets are closed/shut down.
- Non-lendable books cannot be ordered or borrowed.
- No detailed in-person consultations at the reference desk (please contact us by phone or email).
- Usage of the computers, copiers and scanners is not possible.
- Current news can be found on our homepage or directly under "Aktuelle Meldungen aus der KIT-Bibliothek.
- In addition, the KIT Library provides regular information via Facebook and Twitter and Instagram.
Inquiries and contact
- Inquiries by email should be sent to infodesk∂bibliothek.kit.edu.