License and usage information for data providers of RADAR4KIT
RADAR4KIT is an internet-based service for archiving and publishing research data from completed scientific studies and projects. As a data provider, you can use RADAR4KIT to compile research data into data packages, describe them with metadata, store them permanently and make them publicly accessible or archive them. Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) is the operator. RADAR4KIT is based on the RADAR service offered by FIZ Karlsruhe. The data is stored exclusively on the KIT IT infrastructure at the Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC).
show all | hide all
- For the purposes of RADAR4KIT, you grant KIT simple, temporally and spatially unrestricted rights of use to the research data you have posted on the basis of the licence you have chosen. This does not affect your rights to the data.
- You must license the transmitted metadata with a Creative Commons (CC0) licence and thus release it for free use by the general public..
- You indemnify KIT against any claims made by third parties against KIT on the basis of infringements by you.
- The KIT enables you to use RADAR4KIT. For this purpose, you have been given the role of data provider.
- This entitles you to post research data in RADAR4KIT.
- You are responsible for the validity of the research data you post.
- You are currently not allowed to post personal research data in RADAR4KIT. You must anonymise such data before posting it.
- When archiving or publishing a data package, you issue a licence that regulates the rights of use for any subsequent use. RADAR4KIT offers various suitable licence conditions for this purpose.
- KIT does not charge you for the use of RADAR4KIT.
- It is essential that you observe the RADAR4KIT service description, from which the mode of operation, performance features and purpose of RADAR4KIT, the tasks of the bodies involved (operators, customers, data providers) as well as the associated role descriptions are derived. KIT applies the technical and organisational precautions mentioned in the service description to store your data securely and reliably.
- KIT uses your personal data exclusively for the provision of the service in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a, f DSGVO for the purposes of user identification as well as for contacting you in the context of the provision of the service (consent, safeguarding legitimate interests, in particular the functioning of the service). Please also note the KIT data protection declaration and the IuK-Ordnung (in German).
- RADAR4KIT may only be used for archiving and publishing research data.
- You may not post any illegal content on RADAR4KIT, such as content glorifying violence, inciting hatred or defamatory content.
- If KIT is made aware of infringements in connection with a data package, it may block access to this data package and, if necessary, delete it without consulting you. In addition, KIT reserves the right to block your access to RADAR4KIT if you use RADAR4KIT in contravention of these usage instructions.
RADAR4KIT is an internet-based service for archiving and publishing research data from completed scientific studies and projects for KIT researchers. Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) is the operator. RADAR4KIT is based on the RADAR service offered by FIZ Karlsruhe. The data is stored exclusively on the KIT IT infrastructure at the Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC).
The evaluation of content and quality control is carried out exclusively by the data providers.
- The user relationship between you ("data user") and KIT is limited to the download of data packages or metadata. KIT reserves the right to restrict the use of RADAR4KIT or to discontinue the service altogether.
- If you register as a data user or legitimise yourself via Shibboleth, you can also be granted access to unpublished documents by the data provider.
- The protection of your personal data is explained in the data protection regulations.
- KIT assumes no warranty or liability for the accuracy, timeliness and reliability of the content provided, except in the case of mandatory legal liability.
- KIT does not charge you as a data user for researching in RADAR4KIT and for downloading data packages.
- You must comply with the licensing regulations associated with the data package.
Contact and further information