The KIT library is well attended by many users who want to concentrate on their studies. In order to maintain an appropriate atmosphere there are special rules that everybody must follow.
- Please be quiet.
Reading rooms are supposed to be quiet. Quiet conversations are allowed in our textbook collection. Please also think about the group working rooms when having conversations. Libary user must not be distracted.
- Please turn off the audio on your cell phones and notebooks.
- If you need to make a phone call please find an appropriate place (e.g. staircase).
- Please put a time disk on your desk if you need to leave it for a break.
- You may enjoy beverages in closed containers.
- Please refrain from eating in the reading rooms. You may have snacks in our cafeteria on the ground floor or in the basement.
- Don’t write notes or remarks in the books.
- Please put any material you no longer need back onto their appropriate shelves.
- Please keep all study and work areas clean.
- Please respect our staff.
More details are provided in the library regulations.
The most important pictograms
When entering the library pictograms will refer you to the appropriate behavior. These are the most important pictograms and their meanings:
|Please be quiet|
|Food and drinks are allowed|
|Food and drinks are prohibited|
|Smelly or warm food is prohibited|